LIVERPOOL
🔥🏟️Liverpool star Darwin Nunez has been handed a hefty suspension for his part in a massive post-match brawl.Nunez was involved in fighting between players and supporters inside the Bank of America Stadium following Uruguay’s 1-0 defeat to Colombia in the semi-finals of the Copa America last month.Uruguay players entered the crowd in Charlotte, USA, to confront Colombian fans who they alleged drunkenly attacked their friends and relatives in the stands.Footage of children and babies being passed down onto the pitch to avoid the fighting went viral on social media.Nunez was caught on camera throwing and receiving several punches, and the Liverpool striker has now been hit with a five-game suspension.The 25-year-old will now miss Uruguay’s next five matches, meaning he won’t be able to feature for his country until a World Cup qualifier against Brazil in November.Tottenham midfielder Rodrigo Bentancur has been banned for four matches.As the violence was unfolding, Uruguay defender Jose Maria Gimenez told a broadcaster: “Let me say something before they cut you off because they won’t let us speak into the microphone, they don’t want me to say anything about what’s going on but this is a disaster.”Please be careful, our families are in the stands, there are little newborn babies. It was a disaster; there was no police and we had to defend our families. This is the fault of two or three people who had a few too many drinks and don’t know how to drink.”The Uruguayan players’ relatives and friends were reportedly escorted out of the stadium through a different exit to avoid any more confrontations.Nunez has started both of Liverpool’s Premier League matches on the bench, coming on for the final 18 minutes of Sunday’s 2-0 win against Brentford.

Liverpool star Darwin Nunez has been handed a hefty suspension for his part in a massive post-match brawl.
Nunez was involved in fighting between players and supporters inside the Bank of America Stadium following Uruguay’s 1-0 defeat to Colombia in the semi-finals of the Copa America last month.
Uruguay players entered the crowd in Charlotte, USA, to confront Colombian fans who they alleged drunkenly attacked their friends and relatives in the stands.
Footage of children and babies being passed down onto the pitch to avoid the fighting went viral on social media.
Nunez was caught on camera throwing and receiving several punches, and the Liverpool striker has now been hit with a five-game suspension.
The 25-year-old will now miss Uruguay’s next five matches, meaning he won’t be able to feature for his country until a World Cup qualifier against Brazil in November.
Tottenham midfielder Rodrigo Bentancur has been banned for four matches.
As the violence was unfolding, Uruguay defender Jose Maria Gimenez told a broadcaster: “Let me say something before they cut you off because they won’t let us speak into the microphone, they don’t want me to say anything about what’s going on but this is a disaster.
“Please be careful, our families are in the stands, there are little newborn babies. It was a disaster; there was no police and we had to defend our families. This is the fault of two or three people who had a few too many drinks and don’t know how to drink.”
The Uruguayan players’ relatives and friends were reportedly escorted out of the stadium through a different exit to avoid any more confrontations.
Nunez has started both of Liverpool’s Premier League matches on the bench, coming on for the final 18 minutes of Sunday’s 2-0 win against Brentford.
-
Barcelona8 months ago
Video | Barcelona’s deceptive free kick against Athletic Bilbao
-
Manchester United8 months ago
“I was forced to make that call…the wrong call wasn’t really my decision but they made me do it” I couldn’t do anything about it cause I’m only an official not the owner of the league…They wanted Manchester United to win Liverpool by all means💔”…those were the words of Micheal Oliver the Referee of the Liverpool Vs Manchester United match with strong claims that it wasn’t his decision rather be was ordered to🙀‼️‼️
-
CHELSEA8 months ago
Am tired of this place i want to leave” – Club make bid to sign £380k-per-year Chelsea ace who wants Stamford Bridge exit
-
LIVERPOOL8 months ago
Liverpool has officially completed the sensational signing of Spanish international Dani Olmo
-
CHELSEA8 months ago
It will be amazing if he joins me here at Stamford Bridge. Even though it seems highly unlikely, it won’t kill me to try to convince him to join me here. I would very much love it if he joins me” – This is according to Cole Palmer as he has weighed in on the speculation surrounding Kobbie Mainoo’s potential move to Chelsea. The young midfielder has been the subject of transfer rumors, and Palmer’s reaction has added fuel to the ongoing discussions.
-
Real Madrid8 months ago
Ancelotti drops everything on Endrick after the carton facing Minera : « It must be.. ».
-
Manchester United8 months ago
Ruben Amorim isn’t a baby coach so he should have known best not to start this player against Liverpool,you’ve tried him enough and he’s not giving any good results just get him replaced already, at first I thought it was Marcus Rashford causing the problems but I guess I’m wrong…keep starting him and he’ll get you sacked sooner than expected!” sports pundit Gary Neville speaks on Manchester United Player’s performance against Liverpool today
-
ARSENAL8 months ago
BREAKING NEWS: Arteta Tells £55M Arsenal Star to Find a New Club After Costly Newcastle Error